Instruction for Chairs
Chairpersons are requested to be seated at Chairs’ Desk on the stage no later than 10 minutes before the start of the session.
2. Process and Timing
Organizers and chairpersons are expected to ensure all presentations start and end punctually as scheduled.
If there are any changes in the program, please inform meeting staff in the session room.
Instruction for Oral Presenters
1. Visual Equipment
Only computer-based PowerPoint presentations will be accepted, and no sound output equipment will be available.
2. Laptop Computer
Please be sure to bring your own laptop computer. Though we have a windows PC for back up, we strongly recommend that you bring your own computer in order to avoid character corruptions. Also please bring saved your presentation data in USB flash memory.
<Technical Requirements for Your Laptop Computer>
- Ensure that your computer is equipped with the proper monitor connector (mini D-sub 15 pin) as shown below. If your computer does not have this connection, please bring an appropriate converter with you.
- Be sure to bring an AC adaptor. Please note that voltage in Japan is 100V and the frequency ranges 50-60 Hz depending on the area (50Hz in Tsukuba). The socket is type A, which has two flat plug holes. If your laptop is not convertible, transformers and/or plug adaptors are necessary.
- Adjust the settings to prevent activation of the screen saver or power-saving mode.
|mini D-sub 15 pins|
3. Preview and Arrival
Please bring your computer to the preview desk in Session Room at least 15 minutes before your presentation.
4. Presentation Instrument [Remote Presentation System]
You can control your presentation on the podium through this system, so it is not necessary to
put your own laptop computer on the podium.
Please operate slides with keyboard, mouse, and display prepared on the podium. Your laptop will be kept at previewing desk while your presentation.
Please note that this presentation system USB plug will be inserted into a USB port of your computer.
5. Presentation Time
<For Symposium Presenters>
Presentation time differs depending of sessions.
<For Oral Session Presenters>
Time allocation: 15 minutes per presentation. (including 3-minute discussion)
Instruction for Poster Presenters
1. Poster Size
90 cm wide x 180 cm high
Each poster must have a label at the top that indicates the title of the paper, the name(s) of the author(s) and their affiliation(s). The presenting author should be marked.
Put your poster on a panel that matches your poster number.
4. Posting, Presentation/Discussion, Removal
|Posting||Day 2 Nov. 6 8:30-12:00 *1|
|Presentation / Discussion||Odd number: Day 4 Nov. 8 10:00-11:00|
|Even number: Day 4 Nov. 8 11:00-12:00|
|Removal||Until Nov. 8 15:30 *2|
Note1: On the Day 1 (Nov. 5), posting is not available because of the venue setup.
Note2: Any posters remaining on panels after the removal time will be discarded by the secretariat.
JAACT2018 TSUKUBA Secretariat
(c/o A&E PLANNING CO., LTD.)